Hi all, glad to find this forum. I've always liked pinball machines, the older electromechanical ones especially, and I'm slowly learning the terminology and history by lurking on threads here.
Outside of that, I've been poking at short AI-generated video clips as a hobby project, trying to capture that pinball motion feel: a ball rolling across a playfield, flippers snapping, lights flickering. The process usually goes: describe the subject (ball, flipper, backglass art), describe the motion you want (arc, bounce, rebound), then add camera notes (close-up, slow pan) and a bit of audio direction (mechanical clack, bell ding) all in one prompt. Getting the timing and physics to look natural takes several attempts, and results vary a lot depending on how specific the prompt is.
One tool I've been trying for this is Muse Video, which lets you combine subject, motion, camera, and sound direction in a single prompt-led workflow. Worth noting the underlying model is still described as preview-stage on their site, so outputs can be inconsistent and sometimes the physics look a bit off compared to real pinball motion, which honestly makes sense given it's not built specifically for mechanical simulation.
My main limitation so far is that fine mechanical detail (spring tension, ball speed changes) is hard to get right without a lot of trial and error. If anyone here has tips on describing motion for physical objects in prompts, or just wants to talk pinball, I'd love to hear from you.
New here – pinball fan dabbling in AI video for fun
-
MartynFoster
- Berichten: 1
- Lid geworden op: 28 sep 2026, 04:46
- Real name: Martyn Foster